Favorite Audemars Piguet novelty of SIHH 2014?Date: Feb 04, 2014,13:35 PM - (view entire thread)
As we have had a few weeks to consider the new range of timepieces from AP, have you identified a favorite and possibly a new target for acquisition?
I think the refreshed 42mm Royal Oak Offshore line makes a lot of sense and fits in with the current direction at AP.
The Millenary Minute Repeater and Offshore Toubillon Chronograph are astounding timepieces.
The white ceramic 44mm Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph looks very "cool" in the photos and I can't wait to see it.
One piece I feel that has flown under the radar is the black ceramic 44mm Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph with its revised dial. This watch was first introduced at SIHH 2013 with an all black dial, but now has anthracite colored rings on the timing subdials and a grey tach ring. Looks very coherent to me, and pulls in the titanium accents on the watch better. I definitely want to see this one in person.
Which new AP has caught your eye?
Reading Response: 0 of 22
| Next Response
| Next Response
- Perhaps the most convincing of the new 42mm Offshores. MichaelC : February 6th, 2014-13:23
- It is those blue subdials and tach that keep me looking at the 44mm white ceramic MichaelC : February 6th, 2014-13:29
- After two weeks, this one stands out in my mind...two, actually ThomasM : February 6th, 2014-10:03
- The white ceramic 44mm Offshore is getting much attention MichaelC : February 6th, 2014-13:21
- For me the gold and black dial ROO is tops on my list followed by the new Safari! Cheers, [nt] SteelerFan1965 : February 14th, 2014-02:47